Celebrating resilience and grit, the awards ceremony was a testament to teachers and students who explored ways to show leadership, inspire hope, strengthen their communities, and design a bright future despite the challenges of the pandemic years
Special guest Costa Georgiadis was on hand to crown the champion schools who were:
- 2020 Grand Champion Archibull – Penrith Valley School from western Sydney
- 2022 Grand Champion Archibull – the Centre of Excellence in Agricultural Education from western Sydney
- 2020 Grand Champion Kreative Koala – St Brigid’s Primary School from Raymond Terrace
- 2022 Grand Champion Kreative Koala – Tarrawanna Public School from Wollongong
All schools were tasked with examining the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals, designing, and delivering a community action project, creating a movement to embed sustainability thinking and actions in our way of life
The students presented their learnings through art on either their fibreglass cow (secondary schools) or koala (primary schools).
Special awards presented on the day were:
- The Carmel Mills Memorial Award for Learning with Impact – Chevalier College from the Southern Highlands (The Archibull Prize) and Scot’s All Saints College from Bathurst (Kreative Koalas)
- The Alan Eagle Watershed Moment Award – Hill Top Public School for reporting sustainability alongside core curriculum subjects on student report cards
Action4Agriculture is grateful for the support of Corteva Agriscience, NSW Government, St Vincent de Paul, Austral Fisheries, Wingecarribee Shire Council and Southern Highland Botanic Gardens which allows The Archibull Prize and Kreative Koalas to be delivered into schools.
These programs empower our students to look at our world differently, explore sustainability and environmental issues that affect our planet and design local solutions to global challenges.
Please contact Lynne Strong for photos from the event M: 0407 740 446 IE: firstname.lastname@example.org